Cassia tora seeds/SICKLEPOD
Latin Name: Semen Cassiae
Common Name: Cassia seed
Scientific Name: Cassia obtusifolia L./ Cassia tora L.
Chinese Name: 決明子
Pinyin Name: jue ming zi
Operose Global is leading Exporters, Suppliers, Manufacturers of Cassia Tora Seeds
Cassia tora Linn. (C. tora) is well known medicinal plant commonly found in India and other tropical countries 2 . Various medicinal properties have been attributed to this plant in the traditional system of Indian medicine. Several anthraquinones have been isolated from the seeds of C. tora 3, 4 . Sennosides, which are well known for their medicinal importance, have been detected in the leaves of the plants 5 . The extracts of C. tora have been used as a remedy for various skin ailments, rheumatic disease and as laxatives 6, 7, 8 . The extract of C. tora leaves has been found to possess significant hepatoprotective activity and anti-inflammatory activity 9, 10. The seeds of C. tora have been used in Chinese medicine as aperients, antiasthma, diuretic agent and also improve the visual activity.
Medicinal Properties and Uses: According to Ayurveda the leaves and seeds are acrid, laxative , antiperiodic, anthelmintic, ophthalmic, liver tonic, cardiotonic and expectorant. The leaves and seeds are useful in leprosy, ringworm, flatulence, colic, dyspepsia, constipation, cough, bronchitis, cardiac disorders.
Uses & Benefits of Cassia Tora
- Cassia Tora is used as a coffee substitute and has a maturing and anodyne action.
- It is very useful in treating skin diseases like ringworm and itching or body scratch and psoriasis.
- The alcoholic or vinegar maceration of pounded fresh leaves is used externally to treat eczema and dermatomycosis.
- Decoction of the fruit of Cassia Tora is used in the treatment of fever.
- Since the herb acts as a kapha and vata dosha suppressant, it acts as a nerve tonic.
- It is consumed in worm infestation and cures the infection occurring in the body.
- Cassia Tora acts as a liver stimulant, mild laxative and heart tonic.
- The herb helps the body in maintaining the normal level of cholesterol.
- Its paste is used for treating skin ailments and also for getting rid of chronic diseases.
- Cassia Tora proves worthwhile in treating piles and hemorrhoids as well as relieving the pain caused on excretion.
- Its powder proves useful in combating indigestion, toning up heart muscles and purifying blood.
- The juice extracted from its leaves is used in case of skin ailments, rashes and allergies. It is also used as an antidote in case of various poisonings.
- The leaves ad seeds of Cassia Tora are useful in leprosy, flatulence, colic, dyspepsia, constipation, cough, bronchitis and cardiac disorders.
- Operose Global is leading manufacturer and Exporter of priminum quality of cassia tora seeds in India.